The Book of Daniel

Photobucket
So, I joined a Tuesday morning Bible study. We're going through a Beth Moore series on the book of Daniel. Today was our first day and it really spoke to my heart. She's really making it personal and very applicable to us as women. She talked a lot of how in Babylon there was so much selfishness and everyone thought only about themselves. Isaiah 47 is about the fall of Babylon and this verse really sums up what it was all about "Now then, listen, you wanton creature, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, 'I am, and there is none besides me. I will never widow or suffer the loss of children.'" She talked about how we're all living in a present day Babylon. Our culture is selfish and swimming in their sin. We easily fall into it and become just like the world around us. It was convicting. In Daniel there were others who came from the same back ground as Daniel and his 3 firey furance friends. Yet only those 4 men stood up for what was right. I look at the Christian community in Grand Junction, CO and realise that there are many who have become a part of what the world is. Sad. Anyway, I wanted to share. As I go through this study there may be many more blogs about what I'm learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

Time with God

Thailand part 4- the aftermath