Time with God

A Beth Moore study started at our church while we were in Ethiopia. I am one week behind but am doing my best to stick with it. I really want to do it and the homework has been great for me and my current situation with motherhood. But finding a moment of quiet to get the work done is a whole other thing. I wasn't in the word like I should have been before Judah came home. But I was super excited to take the workbook with me on our trip and start getting into scriptures. Since I've been home it's been very frustrating because every time I sit to do it there's a fight to break up, a diaper to change, a mouth to feed or anything else you can think of. This morning I went to breakfast with a friend and had 2 hours to kill afterwards before a doctor's appointment. I went to a coffee shop and got some of the homework done and read some very encouraging scriptures. It was so good for me and got me refocussed on my current calling in life: motherhood! I was reminded that my purpose on this earth is to bring God glory. If motherhood is where I am right now then I need to bring glory to God through it. So, I came home with a much better attitude and the rest of my day was really good with some very sweet and fun moments with my beautiful boys. God is good and blesses you when you seek HIM!

Comments

Michelle Widman said…
I saw a thing on TV the other day about nuns, and found myself wishing I could be a part-time nun. Silence. Time to study. Time to pray. Time to enjoy fellowship with other women. Time scheduled for chores. Wouldn't it be nice, just sometimes?

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments