Thailand part 4- the aftermath

We've been home for over a week. Thailand seems so distant a memory now and I feel like its almost just a dream that I will carry with me in my heart but not something that I truly experienced. I loved Thailand. I felt at home there right away. This isn't something I have experienced in every foreign country I have visited. It's a hard thing to explain. I didn't feel this way in Ethiopia which seems weird since it was my sons homeland and culture. I loved Ethiopia and would love going back someday but it wasn't home. But Thailand was different. Dave and I both felt it. I actually felt so comfortable that I found myself forgetting that I was the foreigner and looked very different from the locals. I feel strongly God will take us back someday and I can't wait. My heart leaps within me as I think about it!
We met two women who are with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Thailand. One is originally from Washington state but has been a missionary in Thailand for over twenty years. The other is Thai. These women helped us with some of our trip arrangements and they helped work out the details for those international workers coming in for the conference. They took us out to dinner our last night in Bangkok. I felt a connection with them and may have stayed in a heartbeat if my kids hadn't been so far away and very missed.
We met so many wonderful individuals and families working in Asia and got many invitations to visit them. There was one young family who's had three biological kids and then adopted their last daughter. Now they have been matched with another little girl and are waiting for the ok to take custody. Their story is amazing and touched me in a huge way. They aren't much older then Dave and I and not much different. But they are in a foreign country raising their children, running their business and taking each opportunity to share their heart with the people. So inspiring!! We also met three women, two who work together and one who's on her own, who have dedicated their lives to this calling. What a great step of faith they have taken. They all seem so happy and content in Gods will knowing that he was in control of their lives, single or married.
So, all this to say, Gods still working on Dave and I. Our hearts are open and willing to go if he calls us. Over ten years ago before I met Dave I felt a strong call to the field, where? No idea! But God slowly redirected me to youth ministry which was totally his timing as I was just getting to know Dave who was called to youth as well. But the most amazing thing is that since we joined the C&MA is that Gods been touching Dave's heart in a huge way for the call to go. I know Gods working on us and preparing us for something very different. But for now?
Yakima is where Gods placed us and were happy here. We love our church and the youth. We are doing what we've been called to. . . . .for now. :-) We just want to be open and willing.
Here i am, Lord, send me!
Comments