"God Gave us Christmas"

Liam brought me a book off his bookshelf tonight to read to him. The book looked familiar but I realized I had ever read it. Where did it come from? Oh well, I read it to the boys. Wonderful book!!
Here are a few quotes:
Little Cub asked, "Who invented Christmas? Was it Santa?"
"No." Mama Bear said. "God invented Christmas. God gave us Christmas."
"Is God more important than Santa?"
"Oh yes, much more important!"
"Can we go find Santa, Mama?"
"Hmm, Santa is hard to find." Mama said. "But we can go find God. God is everywhere."
(Mama Bear proceeds to show the cub the Northern Lights, glaciers and stars.)
"He sent his only son as a baby so that we would know light from dark. Jesus is the Light of the world. Jesus is how God gave us Christmas."
"He is mightier than any king on earth. And because he is all-powerful, he made Jesus King of all Kings."
"Santa Claus reminds us about many good things like generosity and care. But it is God and Jesus that we celebrate msot come Christmas."
"Jesus is the best present of all. And God would've given us that present, even if it was only for you."
I'm going to make sure this book stays in a safe place and come the Christmas season we're going to read it over and over again. It's a keeper!!!
Comments