Running Diary Part 2
The Children With Hope 5k was my first race and so far it's my only. Dave and I have had a difficult time finding races that we can do. The next on our list is the Jingle Bell run in Dec. which ought to be a cold one. I have had a tough time running lately. Since my 5k I have only run another 5k distance once. I can't seem to get past 2 miles. Part of my problem is that I haven't gotten a good chance top run outside which we help me push farther. The treadmill allows me to hit the stop button with little thought. On the side, I have been doing a strength training workout video that's been great. It works everything and is a killer! I upped my weights from 3 to 5 pounds today which made me feel good about my progress. I can feel a difference in my arms and legs but I have to steer clear of the scale because I am gaining weight do to the muscle. It's tough to see the number rise but I know that muscle is a good thing and something I have never put much time into in my whole life. I am hoping that through this video I will have more endurance in my running.
Comments