Life at home
We returned from Dave's 4 week sabbatical less then a week ago. It all feels so distant now and like we've been home for months.
Judah starts kindergarten in 4 days. Am I ready? No. I need to do his school shopping but besides that it's hard for me to swallow the fact that I have a child old enough for kindergarten. Liam will be starting preschool a couple weeks after Judah starts. I will have 3 days with only two kids at home and two days with just Gabriel for a couple hours. It will be a good thing for me in a lot of ways. I think I will appreciate my boys a lot more and enjoy my time with them. It will also help me bond more with Gabriel and get more done in a day (cleaning, laundry, exercise, scrapbooking, etc.) So, over all I know that having two boys in school will be good for all of us. It's just a big adjustment for me to send the two off to school in someone else's hands.
Our time away was good although we had bumps in the road throughout. We got a lot of quality family time (Just Dave, myself and our boys) which was wonderful. The boys had a blast and got to do so many fun things (Beach, boats, fishing, zoo, hiking, camping). Dave and I found some peace about some decisions we were faced with. God said, "Wait" and we're at peace about that.
Coming home we both felt refreshed spiritually and excited for ministry. Dave has a lot of plans for the fall and things are looking good for the ministries he's working with. For me, however, things took a turn and God's trying to tell me something. I don't know what it is yet but I think it's something big. Sometimes things don't go as planned or as you might hope. God often pulls you in directions that seem so different from what you first were called to. I am praying a lot about my life right now and what I am called to. Things are not crystal clear and I am praying for clarity. So, for me things aren't as ideal as for Dave but I am trusting God that through it all my faithfulness to His plan will leave me where I need to be in the end. That's all I can do is make my choices based on His higher calling.
Judah starts kindergarten in 4 days. Am I ready? No. I need to do his school shopping but besides that it's hard for me to swallow the fact that I have a child old enough for kindergarten. Liam will be starting preschool a couple weeks after Judah starts. I will have 3 days with only two kids at home and two days with just Gabriel for a couple hours. It will be a good thing for me in a lot of ways. I think I will appreciate my boys a lot more and enjoy my time with them. It will also help me bond more with Gabriel and get more done in a day (cleaning, laundry, exercise, scrapbooking, etc.) So, over all I know that having two boys in school will be good for all of us. It's just a big adjustment for me to send the two off to school in someone else's hands.
Our time away was good although we had bumps in the road throughout. We got a lot of quality family time (Just Dave, myself and our boys) which was wonderful. The boys had a blast and got to do so many fun things (Beach, boats, fishing, zoo, hiking, camping). Dave and I found some peace about some decisions we were faced with. God said, "Wait" and we're at peace about that.
Coming home we both felt refreshed spiritually and excited for ministry. Dave has a lot of plans for the fall and things are looking good for the ministries he's working with. For me, however, things took a turn and God's trying to tell me something. I don't know what it is yet but I think it's something big. Sometimes things don't go as planned or as you might hope. God often pulls you in directions that seem so different from what you first were called to. I am praying a lot about my life right now and what I am called to. Things are not crystal clear and I am praying for clarity. So, for me things aren't as ideal as for Dave but I am trusting God that through it all my faithfulness to His plan will leave me where I need to be in the end. That's all I can do is make my choices based on His higher calling.
Comments