Lessons from God


A couple of posts ago I talked about God trying to tell me something and how things don't always go as planned. God's message has come through loud and clear now. REST! He had me step out of leadership in a church ministry and told me to focus on ministering to the women who will come instead of planning. It was a tough move and took a week and a half for me to figure out what God wanted but I feel good about it. As I read my Bible and pray I continually get the message "REST". I've been in church ministry for almost 8 years. I have seen now that it's time to rest in him and focus my attention more on relationships that God brings to me and my husband and sons. I am excited for a new phase in my life and can't wait to see what God asks of me next.

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Comments

amy in peru said…
this verse spoke very much to my heart this morning. I've been so busy I've been forgetting that quite in spite of circumstances, even in the midst of insane busy-ness, I still very much need rest, especially that of the soul, because like doug said... it isn't where you are nor what is happening, but Who you're with! :) ahhhhh. I LOVE that.

amy in peru

PS. You really MUST activate your e-mail in your blogger profile so that I can respond to your comments by e-mail! WAY easier. You can do the same thing with comments left on your blog... it's awesome. If you need help, let me know. ;)
thanks for visiting and commenting... it's such an encouragement to hear from you! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments