Day 1 of 7
So, Dave left before 5AM this morning. He leaned in to kiss me goodbye and I was so fast asleep that I totally was startled. I did tell him to kiss me goodbye, didn't I? haha. Anyhow, he's on a plane headed to Louisville, KY right now. He's taking 4 other adults and 19 high school students to the Christian & Missionary Alliance Youth conference that is only every 3 years. I went last time taking along Little Liam who was only 18 months old then. This time I stay behind doing the job God asked me to do, be a mother to 3 boys. It's sad to miss these trips but the kids are in good hands and I am excited for the experience all these leaders (who've never gone) will get. There is great music and spectacular speakers.
So, we are 2.5 hours shy of bedtime on day 1 of my single mom journey. It's been a wonderful day thus far - knock on wood - I've only given ONE, I repeat ONE, spanking today which must be a record. The boys are entertaining themselves and happy. I have been working on organizing closets and putting away all Gabriel's clothes that he's grown out of. I have realized how much more room I have when things are organized instead of shoved in. I have a couple Rubbermaid bins that I am starting to collect stuff in for our 4 week trip to the great NW. We leave one week after Dave gets home. It's nice to have that to anticipate because it's keeping me motivated to get things done. Oh yeah, and I ran over a mile today after taking a nap! Good Day!
So, we are 2.5 hours shy of bedtime on day 1 of my single mom journey. It's been a wonderful day thus far - knock on wood - I've only given ONE, I repeat ONE, spanking today which must be a record. The boys are entertaining themselves and happy. I have been working on organizing closets and putting away all Gabriel's clothes that he's grown out of. I have realized how much more room I have when things are organized instead of shoved in. I have a couple Rubbermaid bins that I am starting to collect stuff in for our 4 week trip to the great NW. We leave one week after Dave gets home. It's nice to have that to anticipate because it's keeping me motivated to get things done. Oh yeah, and I ran over a mile today after taking a nap! Good Day!
Comments