Update after two months off

My last blog entry was right before our adoption referral. I guess that explains why my adoption blog is frequently updated and this one got the back burner. :-) I will try to be better.

Life's been a little over whelming this past week. Dave was sick, Gabriel was sick, I am not feeling myself with excessive fatigue and feeling depressed. I am not sure what it is.

We got some news that our agency had dropped the ball in our adoption proccess and we have been delayed. It may only be an extra week or two but it wasn't news I wanted to hear. Since then I have been teary and sad a lot. I know this is in the Lord's hands but it's so hard to think about my son being in an orphanage with over 50 other children and waiting for me. Here I sit. I want to go now. But once again we wait on other people to get their jobs done and they aren't in the hurry we are in.

So, the past 3 or so days I have not been 100%. I am trying to snap out of this but it's tough. I feel like we're hanging in limbo and a new chapter in our lives is dying to begin but is being held back. I just get frustrated with how it affects me in so many ways. I am not the wife or mother I want to be. I don't sleep well and I am always tired and unmotivated. I sure hope this changes soon.

On a lighter note, my boys are wonderful! Gabriel has become very chatty which is always fun to hear. He says, "yeah" a lot but he says it slowly and softly, almost breathy. It's so cute! He tries to count to 3 but mixes up the numbers. Liam is such a sweet heart! He is pretty polite for his age and is sensitive. He's currently into Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar. He's obsessed with Lions and Tigers and pretends he is them all the time. He's quite the entertainer and loves people watching him. Gabriel will shadow Liam and try to do the same things. They get along pretty well but have their sibling rivalry moments from time to time.

I didn't go back to school this month since we got news of our little Ethiopian addition. I can't be in school and raising 3 kids, 1 of which will need so much attention. So, it's being put off for a bit. Maybe this fall?

Comments

Tracy said…
Hello,

I'm Tracy (elliegrace) from the BCS forum. I know you are patiently waiting to travel. Just wanted to let you know that your family is in our prayers:)

Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

Time with God

Thailand part 4- the aftermath