Preparing for Ethiopia

On Tuesday we got news that our embassy date was set for February 2nd. We were really hoping for that date for numerous reasons. But honestly, I wasn't optimistic about it and very much prepared for getting the 16th instead.

Once we knew we needed to be there on the 2nd we started pursuing travel arrangements. By Wednesday we had tickets booked and paid for. By Thursday we had our accommodations made. It felt good to know exactly when we would be leaving and know that everything was in order.

Now, we have a long to-do list we're working on. Lot's of little things to get taken care of but little by little we're getting it done. It's exciting to start packing our bags which we can't do a ton yet.

I think more then anything, the moment I meet my son is the thing that is occupying my thoughts! I can't stop thinking about how amazing it will be to touch him and hug him and look into his little brown eyes. I hope he knows our faces from our pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments