Mother's Day

Mother's day came and went. This year was different for me. This was my second Mother's Day with two kiddos but it was also my first with a 3rd on the way. The thought of my little one being in Ethiopia (in womb or already born)without me is tough. My heart longs for my baby. I pray that they're being looked after well and that they are healthy. We pray every night with Liam and our baby is the #1 request. I can't wait till we meet this little one that God CHOSE for US!

Last week we sent off the last part of paperwork and now our hands are empty with nothing more to do. We wait. We wait on the agency, then we wait on the Ethiopian government, then we wait for court dates to be set, then we wait for our travel date to arrive, then we wait to get to the orphanage and meet this little life! Most importantly, I must remember that we wait on GOD because he alone knows what is next. His timing is so important.

Lord, teach me to wait in patience and prayer!

Comments

Michelle Widman said…
Oh man, I know you probably feel like it's taking forever, but to me it seems like a speed adoption. We have friends adopting from China, and they are in their fourth or fifth year of waiting, and they have been told that it will probably be a couple of more years. They even decided to add one more biological baby to their brood of three to "fill the gap" between kids while they wait!
Michelle Widman said…
...But I don't mean to make light of your waiting! I'll be praying that the Lord gives you patience! Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments