A New Year!

It's 2009 now. 2008 was full of wonderful things but also many difficult and painful things. We've come out of it better people and stronger. Dave and I are closer and our marriage only gets more solid with the struggles we have. We by no means look forward to hardships but we know that the Lord allows them for reasons. But along with those difficult things there are always many glimmers and things that bring us joy. Gabriel! Yes, our second son joined our family in 2008 and now he's almost 1. Praise the Lord for two beautiful boys!

So, now that it's 2009 what's new?


*Well, Dave and I started the new year off by getting our pantry stocked up and did all our shopping for the rest of the month. We set up a meal schedule which is exciting and has made it easy to be ahead of the game. This was a new years resolution for me to have monthly meal plans and get all the shopping done in one trip.




*I made a resolution to get caught up on my scrapbooking by the end of this year. I want to start a book for both boys and my plan is to do 5 pages per year. Now that Liam is turning 3 and Gabriel will be 1 I have 4 years to do which is 20 pages. I also have been working on a family album which I am still in our early years of marriage before kids. So, I gotta get that one up to date too. I know I have my work cut out for me but it'll be fun. I really enjoy it I just have to set aside some time each week to do it.





*Before Christmas Dave and I met with a financial planner to look at our current situation and how best we can be using our money. It was actually more exciting then I thought it would be. We were expecting it to be depressing. We are a lot better off then a lot of people our age. We have a lot less debt then most. So, she showed us a way to work on paying off debt and although it was simple we had just never thought of it in this way. So, we got some Christmas money from Dave's mom and put it all onto two debts. One we paid off and the other we cut in half. That felt so good! We are very thrilled to think about where we will be by the end of 2009 if we keep working on our debt this way.




*As most of you should know by now, we are adopting a baby from Ethiopia. We just finished out home study. . .Praise the Lord! We now start working on the next paperwork and hope to have that submitted and mailed to the country by March. Maybe 2009 will bring us another baby!! Boy, girl? Only God knows but we are so excited to meet them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments