They're growing up!

It's hard to believe that I once held Liam in my arms and nursed him and rocked him. I will never forget when we found out I was pregnant with our Little Liam. We were at camp, Lakeside Bible Camp. We had only been "trying" for a couple months. I took the test at like 7am while Dave laid in bed. I sat on the floor next to the bed and showed Dave the positive test. We were ecstatic! We had to go to our staff meeting that morning and decided not to tell the staff yet. We just weren't sure who to tell and when. It was tough to keep it in. I ended up sharing our news with Melissa Cramer (now Meyer) who was serving at the camp that summer. What an exciting time in our lives! We went home to CO where we lived in my parents basement for a couple months until we moved into our first home. Liam's arrival was amazing! I will never forget the emotions and love I felt. Now Liam is a little artist. He lies in bed unable to sleep because he has an idea for a picture. I let him draw it and then he happily falls asleep. He draws daily and has a great imagination!
Then there's Judah, our oldest and newest son. We got the news about Judah and had to wait over 3 months before we could be united. That was tough, but the excitement was unreal! We had to have Christmas without him knowing he was in an orphanage waiting for us. I don't know how much he understood but we sure wanted him home. When I saw him from across the room in that orphanage my heart skipped. I couldn't believe it was happening. It was thrilling to meet him as well as kind of scary and intimidating. He seemed so unsure and scared but he hugged us and we got a few smiles out of him. He called Dave and I mom and dad in the first day. The interpreter told him who we were. I wish I knew what was going on in his head then. But now, 1.5 years later and I can't imagine life without him. He's grown a ton and changed and he's so smart. He loves school and really excelled in his kindergarten year. His teacher was so sad to let him go. He did so well and he made friends so quickly. He's our super social one. We are so proud of him!

Liam will start kindergarten in 2 and a half weeks.
Judah will start 1st grade in 4 weeks.
Wow! My kids are growing up so quickly!
So, we got some school books for the boys to work on over the summer. July flew by and the books sat on the shelf. Last night I took them out and the two boys started practicing their letters. This morning Liam begged and begged to do his "home work". I think they'll both do well this school year. On the flip side of all of this, Gabriel is not going to know what to do with himself. He missed his brothers so much a few weeks ago when they attended VBS and he stayed home with me. He loves his "brudders" so much. I will have to figure out some way to get him around other kids and give him some outlet.
Comments