more running. . .

I have ran the treadmill for a couple weeks now every other day and I am proud of myself for sticking with it. It's the longest stretch I have done. I am running about a mile to a mile and a half. I can't seem to make it past and still feel strong and not dead! I'll get there. Dave keeps telling me that I am getting close to getting over the "beginner runner's hump." I hope so cause it's still quite the chore and not terribly enjoyable yet. I must admit though, that I love sore abs. :-) It makes me feel like the work I am doing is starting to pay off. gotta keep it up though. The Children With Hope (Orphanage in Kenya that our church supports) 5k is in less then 3 weeks. I would LOVE to be able to run the whole thing. Do you think there's a chance?

Comments

Michelle Widman said…
Hey Kam,
I know it's near impossible with kids, but for ease of running, you might find that running outside is much better than on a treadmill. When I'm on a treadmill, one mile seems like five, but outside, one mile seems like one. If you can find a way to go out and run, you might enjoy it a little more... (THIS from a person who would LOVE to have a treadmill so I can run again...) :)
Deb Schneider said…
I am impressed.... I am finally walking with a friend and would like to buy a running machine of some kind before winter... so cool to read about Judah and your other little loves. Praising God for you guys and the ministry you have to many around you... Very cool
Deb Schneider said…
thought I would pass on a new blog page I have started... just learning... but it is fun

http://beholdwonderfulthings.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments