Crazy Love by Francis Chan



Dave and I have read this book and now our small group is doing it together with the video series. The first chapter talks about prayer. It's challenged me this week to pray in a different way and with a new mind set. He talks about the God of the Universe sitting on the throne and us coming to him in prayer so casually. In our small group we split guys and girls for prayer time and had a good minute of silence to imagine GOD. It was tough for a lot of us. So my distracting thoughts running through my head. It took a lot to truly focus. I realized that although I feel like I pray a lot throughout my day that I never take the time to REALLY think about who I am talking to. If it was that tough to focus on Him before a prayer then I know I NEED to do it more. So, this is my new focus and goal is to take my praying more seriously and to spend more time really thinking about God and worshiping him in my prayer time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

Time with God

Thailand part 4- the aftermath