Oh, CHRISTmas is coming!
I have been thinking about Christmas so differently this year. Dave preached the first two Sundays of Advent on the Advent of Christ in the Old Testament. He preached about Christ in the covenants and then Christ in the prophecies. I always have known Christmas was all about the baby Jesus but I have a new view this year. Christ's first coming, although miraculous and awesome, cannot stand without His second coming. I have been thinking a lot about when Christ returns and when that is in the forefront of my mind His birth looks so much more majestic and brings me to tears. What a wonderful Savior we have. He is going to come back for us, Praise HIM!
Last night while we were at a friends home for a Thanksgiving/Christmas get together it started snowing. This is our back yard at 10:30 last night:

Beautiful! It was snowing this morning when I woke up too. This is our back yard this morning:

The brilliant white brings Christ to mind once more. So pure and clean and untainted. That's how I want to be this Christmas. Dave and I have avoided the holiday crowds and the little shopping we had to do we mostly did online. We aren't giving gifts to each other or our kids this year. We joined my brother's business (he's a Chiropractor) to give gifts to needy kids in our community. We gave 4 kids gifts for Christmas and that felt so good. Liam watched me wrap the gifts and helped put the name tags on the gifts. He kept saying, "We make the kids SOOO happy!" It really blessed me to bless others. We're heading to Seattle soon and my pray is that I will not lose this feeling and my focus. Jesus truly is the reason for this season but not only a little baby Jesus but the One and Only coming KING!
Last night while we were at a friends home for a Thanksgiving/Christmas get together it started snowing. This is our back yard at 10:30 last night:

Beautiful! It was snowing this morning when I woke up too. This is our back yard this morning:

The brilliant white brings Christ to mind once more. So pure and clean and untainted. That's how I want to be this Christmas. Dave and I have avoided the holiday crowds and the little shopping we had to do we mostly did online. We aren't giving gifts to each other or our kids this year. We joined my brother's business (he's a Chiropractor) to give gifts to needy kids in our community. We gave 4 kids gifts for Christmas and that felt so good. Liam watched me wrap the gifts and helped put the name tags on the gifts. He kept saying, "We make the kids SOOO happy!" It really blessed me to bless others. We're heading to Seattle soon and my pray is that I will not lose this feeling and my focus. Jesus truly is the reason for this season but not only a little baby Jesus but the One and Only coming KING!
Comments