10 days!

till we leave for Seattle!

Dave had a touch of the flu last week and we thought it missed the rest of us. Then last Monday during small group a little girl threw up in the play room with all the other kiddos. We aren't super worried about our kids getting sick because we know it's good for their immune systems to learn how to fight early on. well, Tuesday evening Gabriel was acting up and not nursing well. So, I offered him some peas. He just wasn't eating like he normally does and to be honest I was getting irritated and frustrated. I went to the sink to get a wash clothe to clean him up and can the feeding attempt when all of a sudden Gabriel pukes over the side of his tray all over the floor. This was no baby spit-up. Poor little guy! He hasn't been acting normal ever since. No more puking but he's just fussy and always looks tired.

Since that puking evening I haven't felt so great either. All it's been for me is sore muscles and an upset stomach. Liam's been acting under the weather too. It's hard to be sick the same time as your kids. I find myself having a lot less sympathy and more irritable with my boys cause they don't understand that I feel the same way they do but I can't fuss to them about wanting juice or a snack or whatever. Anyway, I am working on my patience issues.

I am thankful we're getting all of this out of our systems now so we won't be sick in Seattle. That would have been terrible to be sick over our vacation. I suppose God knew what was best. It's never fun being sick but this will pass. We'll still have a fabulous time and a great Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments