Missing the Presence of God
Sunday morning Pastor Rob spoke about how we often forget the we're in the presense of God or that the Holy Spirit is ALWAYS with us. He shared a story of someone who wanted to take a team to help Mother Theresa in her ministries. They made a phone call and an elderly woman answered the phone. The person asked if they could come help Mother Theresa and this lady said 'yes'. "Do you need to check with Mother Theresa to make sure it's ok?" The responce was, "I am Mother Theresa." The point was that this person had no idea they were talking to Mother Theresa herself. They missed her presense. This is how we are with the God of the Universe way too often. We come before Him in prayer and rattle off "I need this" and "Help me with that" and "Heal this person" etc etc etc. We forget who's presense we're in.

So, on the drive home from church I was thinking about this. I can see GOD in all of creation but I miss Him most of the time. As I was thinking about this something caught my attention. I was driving behind a big bus. It has been a windy morning so the road was covered in newly fallen yellow, orange and red leaves. As the bus passed over the leaves it made them all spring to life and dance across the road. It was beautiful. It brought a smile to my face as I thought about those leaves dancing for GOD! In Luke 19 the Pharisees tell Jesus to rebuke His disciples and Jesus responds, "I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!" That's what it felt like: "Kami, you've become silent so these leaves will cry out with dancing to gloify the KING!"
Praise God for these lessons to strengthen our hearts and grow our love for HIM!

So, on the drive home from church I was thinking about this. I can see GOD in all of creation but I miss Him most of the time. As I was thinking about this something caught my attention. I was driving behind a big bus. It has been a windy morning so the road was covered in newly fallen yellow, orange and red leaves. As the bus passed over the leaves it made them all spring to life and dance across the road. It was beautiful. It brought a smile to my face as I thought about those leaves dancing for GOD! In Luke 19 the Pharisees tell Jesus to rebuke His disciples and Jesus responds, "I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!" That's what it felt like: "Kami, you've become silent so these leaves will cry out with dancing to gloify the KING!"
Praise God for these lessons to strengthen our hearts and grow our love for HIM!
Comments