Poor Liam
Liam has had the worst diarrhea ever for three days now. I wasn't concerned assuming it was just a bug he had. He was getting plenty of fluids in him so I didn't think he was dehydrated and he was acting totally normal. Until last night. . . he was complaining that his tummy hurt and I noticed it was very distended. He is a pretty skinny kid normally but his belly was HUGE! It kinda scared me. We called the "Docs on Call" office and they didn't have any openings to see him but felt he needed to be examined so they told us to take him to the ER. I stayed home with Gabriel and Dave and Liam headed to the ER around 9:15 last night. They got home over two hours later but everything was fine. Liam had thrown up in the car there but Dave said his belly had shrunk a bit and he acted better after it. They gave him a popsicle to help rehydrate him. Diagnosis was Stomach flu. Phew! We were all in bed by 11:30ish. Liam still has the "runs" today but his belly is much smaller and he's not complaining of pain. He's acting totally normal now. I hope the diarrhea passes soon though, we're going through twice as many diapers as usual.
Comments