A New Year

We're over a week into January already. Time flies. I am sitting here typing this while Dave is busy at work and Liam is napping. I should be napping too. I feel pretty good though after being blessed with a good night's sleep which lacked in aches and pains. Praise the Lord for good sleep. We got our selves a memory foam topper for our bed and I sure am hoping that helps for the remainder of this pregnancy. We haven't tried it yet because it has to take shape over 24-48 hours. Maybe tonight. :-)

I am 30 weeks along today according to my midwife's date, March 18th. I personally think it will be more like the 25th. We'll see. This pregnancy has been different in so many ways. I have had a lot more "issues" this time. I would share but it's not pleasant stuff. I also had morning sickness longer but less intense. The pains started sooner this time and are much worse then last time. I was SOOO emotional in the first trimester. All I can say is. . .Poor Dave. He handled me well but I was a mess many days without a lot of good reasoning. I was dealing with a lot of emotions about becoming a mother to two kids, not feeling like a good mother to Liam, how will I ever be able to handle two etc etc. I got past that, Praise the Lord. Now, I try not to think too much about all the changes that are in store for us. I am thankful we're having another baby. However, this pregnancy has been hard. I am dealing with a lot of pain and trouble sleeping at night. I am doing prenatal yoga at home which helps some. I am looking forward to meeting my baby and moving on to new challenges.

So, Dave is working at the church as the Youth Director. Once he is licensed he will be an official "pastor". :-) He likes his job. I get to work a lot with him. He gets a lot of his weekly hours in on Sunday at church and youth group and since I go to one service with him and help with youth group I get to be with him while he's on the clock. It's been an adjustment though. Like, he had to work Christmas Eve. He helped run the two church services. I am not used to him having to work on holidays. Not a big deal, just an adjustment. Also having Sundays work days is very different for us too. However, we both really enjoy working with the youth. The high schoolers are awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments