Any Given Saturday

I have to admit I am a bit nervous about the Seahawks' game this Sat. again the Green Bay Packers. the Pack ended the regular season 13-3. One of those loses was to the #1 team in the NFC, and another was a week 16 meaningless game against Chicago. Seattle finished the season 10-6 after an unsettling 4-4 start. The Seahawks were forced to abandon their powerhouse running attack and rely on Matt Hasselbeck's arm to carry them to a 6-2 record for the second half of the season.(those two losses came after the Hawks had clinched the NFC West title) But it's playoff time and the Seahawks are 1-0. Only mildly comforting considering the Hawks will be entering the frozen tundra that is Lambeau field. Weather.com forecasts cloudy skies and a high temp. of 30 degrees. Mild temperatures for Wisconsin in January. Weather is not the biggest problem for the Seahawks, the biggest problem wears #4 on his jersey and began playing in the NFL when I was in 5th grade. I'm convinced that the Green Bay Packers' hopes of a win this Sat. are riding on the shoulders of their Quarterback. And If their is anyone you want to lead your team in the Playoffs it's #4. Brett Farve has that intangible quality that you can't coach, you can't train for, you can't learn. It's the "it", and he has it. If the Packers are down by 6 with 1:30 to go, you just know he is about to make something happen. But the Seahawks aren't some JV practice squad. They showed the Washington Redskins that they know how to play in the playoffs. The Hawk's defence put a hurt on the Skins offence and picked them off twice for touchdowns. Matt is playing as well as he ever has and the rushing attack is bringing the Seahawks offence back into balance. One thing I am sure of is that anything can happen in the NFL playoffs. No matter what the statistics say, no matter what the sports reporters predict, every team has a chance to win any given week. That's why I love this game. So I'll be sitting in front of my TV this Saturday to watch the beauty, the majesty that is Seahawks football.
Comments