A quiet soul?
"Quiet the soul and the soul will speak." - Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati Dave bought me a journal that had this quote on the front. It also had a lotus flower on it which he knows I love. The Lotus flower has deep meaning in many beliefs and religions. For me, it was a symbol of how beauty can grow in the most terrible places. The Lotus grows out of murky water and its surroundings can't change its beauty. I got a lotus tattoo on my shoulder with the phrase "Lux in tenebris" which means "light in darkness" in latin. That's what the lotus is. . .that's what I long to be. I long to be light in dark places. . . to bring joy to the lives of others.The quote on my journal makes me ponder how well I am able to quiet my mind. It's hard to stop and just rest. My mind runs non-stop. I went to a meditation gathering last week at the Yakima Yoga Collective and I struggled. I wanted to stop worrying and enter into a place of mental peace. For me, this was different than it is for most who practice meditation. I don't think meditation is something Christians like to talk about because it sounds "new age." Well, it took some time, but I was able to pull my thoughts into one place and pray. I allowed God to speak and share his thoughts. I listened. It was a nice change or pace from all the talking I do when I pray. God asks us to be still and know he's God. Something, often, I believe he wants us to chill and just sit in his presence and listen. For me, this purposeful time of meditation was a great thing. I will be going back in hopes to learn better how to not let my mind wonder and worry. I want to learn how to center myself in the presence of God and just listen.
Comments