"Mostly" Sugar Free Oatmeal Choc. Chip Pretzel cookies

I took my mom's Oatmeal cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit. I substituted real white and brown sugar for Splenda white and brown. I also added a teaspoon of lemon juice which (I have read) cuts the after taste of the Splenda. I have made these without the pretzels but decided to try the sweet-savory direction this time per Dave's request.
Grandpa's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies (with a TWIST)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 white Splenda
1/3 cup Brown Splenda
1 egg
2 TBL Milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted it this time due to the added salt
in the pretzels and because I used salted butter)
1 cup Oats (not quick cooking)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup broken pretzels
Heat oven to 350
1. Mix Flour, baking powder & soda and set aside.
2. In mixer, blend butter, brown and white sugar until smooth.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
4. Add Flour mixer and beat well.
5. Add oats, chocolate chips and pretzels. Mix by hand.
6. 1 inch balls on cookie sheet, bake for 8-12 minutes. (9 in my oven)
Comments