Washington Bound!
In case you missed it, on May 14th we officially took a job at a C&MA church in Yakima, WA. We visited the church Mother's Day weekend and really enjoyed our time with the people. We felt loved and welcomed and so cared for. It was such a blessing to us. The decision wasn't difficult for us because we felt like we would be a good fit for the church, their mission and where their heart is as well as loving the people and the town. We had to work out some details but once the decision was made we felt at peace and excited to get up there and start this new chapter in our life.
Dave has 10 days left at River of Life. It's bitter sweet because I am anxious to move on but with the last few youth events wrapping up I have realized even more how much I truly love these kids and care about their lives and the choices they make. From a distance I can watch them but I won't be as much a part of their lives and mentoring some of the girls. I pray that God will put them in good hands. I feel like I am leaving some of my own behind and that's difficult.
On Dave's last day a man and his wife are coming to Grand Junction to candidate for the Youth Pastor position. I want to meet them, grill them and make sure they will take care of these kids but at the same time I think I, personally, would be better off not meeting them. My heart is for the youth and I want the new guy to be all that Dave was. I know, I am bias. Dave's an amazing man and youth pastor. I just hope the next guy can do well for these kids. Please pray for our pastor and elders to make a spirit filled, prayer filled decision.
Onto lighter things . . .We mailed our application and deposit for a 3 bedroom apartment yesterday.
It's a nice apartment community with two pools and a little park. We're losing around 500 square feet but I am staying positive, less to clean! The boys are excited about the pools and a close park. We're also going to be 3 minutes from the church which is a huge plus. Dave can walk or ride his bike a lot of the summer.
Dave and I are ready to get there and get connected to the church and the youth especially. We can't wait to hang out more with them and the youth leaders and grow some new relationships. It's exciting and I am thankful for God's timing and love for us. He knew we wanted to relocate to the NW and it happened. God is so good and faithful! We serve a great GOD!
Dave has 10 days left at River of Life. It's bitter sweet because I am anxious to move on but with the last few youth events wrapping up I have realized even more how much I truly love these kids and care about their lives and the choices they make. From a distance I can watch them but I won't be as much a part of their lives and mentoring some of the girls. I pray that God will put them in good hands. I feel like I am leaving some of my own behind and that's difficult.
On Dave's last day a man and his wife are coming to Grand Junction to candidate for the Youth Pastor position. I want to meet them, grill them and make sure they will take care of these kids but at the same time I think I, personally, would be better off not meeting them. My heart is for the youth and I want the new guy to be all that Dave was. I know, I am bias. Dave's an amazing man and youth pastor. I just hope the next guy can do well for these kids. Please pray for our pastor and elders to make a spirit filled, prayer filled decision.
Onto lighter things . . .We mailed our application and deposit for a 3 bedroom apartment yesterday.
It's a nice apartment community with two pools and a little park. We're losing around 500 square feet but I am staying positive, less to clean! The boys are excited about the pools and a close park. We're also going to be 3 minutes from the church which is a huge plus. Dave can walk or ride his bike a lot of the summer. Dave and I are ready to get there and get connected to the church and the youth especially. We can't wait to hang out more with them and the youth leaders and grow some new relationships. It's exciting and I am thankful for God's timing and love for us. He knew we wanted to relocate to the NW and it happened. God is so good and faithful! We serve a great GOD!
Comments
You're moving to WA!!! That's awesome! Sure it's not Seattle, but its closer! That way we'll hopefully see you more often.
Congrats, love you!