little mentionables

I haven't blogged in awhile and thought it was time for an update.

Dave's job:

Dave's last day at River of Life is May 31st, 17 days from now. We visited a church in Yakima, WA last weekend and really enjoyed our time and loved the people we met. God's been doing a lot this week and really stretching us on the trust we have in Him. More to come on this topic tomorrow!

Gabriel:

Our little man is FINALLY potty trained. He's been peeing in the toilet for a long long time now but was very stubborn when it can to pooping.It's probably been a good year since he woke from a nap or in the morning with a wet diaper. He has had great bladder control for so long that I thought we'd have this all said and done a lot sooner. But, now it's over. He's taking himself to the toilet and trying to wipe on his own and everything. Now, we have a ton of size 5 diapers left over. Oh well.

Liam:

Liam is still mourning the loss of our sweet dog Bailey who died a little over 7 weeks ago. Most days Liam doesn't mention "B" but there are nights when he's a little extra tired and he starts crying in his bed. He wants to look through Bailey pictures and take pictures to bed with him. He talks about what "B" might be doing in heaven and how Jesus is taking so long to come get us cause he wants to see his dog. It sweet but very sad. He told me yesterday that he wants to get a new dog. It's just not a good time for a new pet. They are much more expensive then we had expected.

Judah:

Judah did great this year in Kindergarten. The teachers all love him and he's a little celebrity in his school. He's come soooo far since the beginning of the year and his teachers are so impressed and thrilled with his progress. He's a little behind for it being the end of the year but the boy's only been in the US for a year. . .give him a break :-) We're proud of him. Over the summer we'll focus on reading and hope he'll be ready for 1st grade this fall.

Me. . .hmmm, well, I slacked on my running for a long time. I decided to run a mile two days ago and then woke the next morning with the most intense knee pain. Ugh, I was frustrated because I was hoping to run again the next day. I'm still recovering even today with a bit of a limp. I gotta get my act together. I am 15 pounds over my weight when I got pregnant with my second kid 3 years ago. I think the new gain has been stress related and I am hoping that will get under control soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments