Running?


Let's just say that running IS NOT a hobby and I DON'T enjoy it. However. . . I need exercise. I am so out of shape and tired all the time. I want something that will tone things up and make me feel better about myself. Dave started running last year to lose some weight and eventually ran a couple 5ks and then a half marathon and now he's training for a triathlon. I am so proud of him and also jealous. He actually enjoys running now and looks GREAT! I would like to set of a goal of completing my first 5k this summer although I am not sure which one yet. Dave found me 8 week training schedule which I am not even in good enough shape to START the stupid thing! It starts with a 1.5 mile run. I can't run a mile and a half without stopping. So, that's my goal to start with. I just need to work into it and get to where I can even start the schedule. So, what are my honest feelings about running? I WANT to love it but right now I just don't.

Comments

Unknown said…
At least for me it has for sure been a progression. When I first went running this winter I could barely run around the track one time without collapsing! :) Now I can run 6 miles without stopping. I'm sure Dave would say the same thing - just start out small and increase by a little bit each time. It's really hard at first (of course) but it gets better. Some days I even feel like I am just starting out again but I just force myself to keep going. You'll do great, Kam! I know it!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments