Random scribbles from my heart
Dependence is often seen as weakness and immaturity in this world but God sees dependence on Him as a prime measure of maturity. He longs for us to simply hold his hand and TRUST Him. Isaiah 41 verse 10 tells us not to fear because He is with us. It tells us to not be dismayed because He IS our God. He reminds us that He will strengthen and help us and uphold us with HIS OWN hand, which means he is CLOSE.
In Psalm 62 we're told to rest in Him ONLY and that we don't have to be shaken by anything because He's our ROCK. So, why then are we so often shaken by what the world throws at us? It can only be a lack of TRUST and too much distance from HIM. If I'm holding His hand and trusting, I have been promised that He will strengthen and help me. . . I will not be shaken.
(some thoughts from my time in His word and reading today's devotional in Jesus Calling by Sarah young)

Comments