In a search for WISDOM

Pain and hurts caused by others is a part of life. I feel like I am faced with this on a fairly regular basis (maybe more so then some since I love Jesus AND am in ministry: 2 things that bring on more hardships). I wish I could say I am quick to forgive but I am not. I struggle with forgiving others. Just when I think I have forgiven them, they strike again and every old hurt and bad memory surfaces.

Today I went to His WORD for some wisdom on my current heart condition. He led me to Psalm 24. You can read the entire Psalm here but for now I will share with you the phrases that jumped off the page as I read it slowly 3 times while praying for God to give me eyes to see what he had for me.





vs 1- "The earth is the Lord's. . .and all who live in it."









vs 5- "He will receive blessing and vindication from the Lord."

I looked up Vindicate and found this definition:
to free from allegation or blame


So . . .every person is the Lord's, whether or not they are His child (Christian). This includes those who hurt me. But through all this will I still be a person with clean hands and a pure heart to be able to "stand in His holy place?" This is convicting because I feel anger towards them and that is not a product of a pure heart. But if, through these things, I can remain clean/pure there will be blessing for me from the Lord as well as being freed from blame and finding justification from GOD.

So, the question is raised: What will it be? Will I wallow in my pain, anger and un-forgiveness . . . OR . . . will I choose forgiveness and love and in turn have clean hands and a pure heart being allowed in His holy place and be blessed and vindicated?

Not a tough choice when you break it down, huh?

Comments

5 Cougs said…
So many of us have moments like this...you're not alone! Thanks for sharing your quiet time with us!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

Time with God

Thailand part 4- the aftermath