Judah's education


I'd like to ask for prayer for us and Judah. Judah's 1st grade teacher informed us that he isn't doing well in math and maybe reading also. She is going to discuss this with Judah's reading teacher and together they'll talk to the principal about whether or not Judah should be in the 1st grade. There are pros and cons to pushing him back to kindergarten. After some discussion, Dave and I both agree that staying in the 1 st grade would be best even if he needs to repeat it next year. He is getting better at reading on a daily basis but if he goes back to K he won't be working on reading much at all. We're hoping that through the course of the year he'll start picking up on things quickly and make some progress. I'd rather him not repeat the first grade but I do think it's better then having to change classes mid-year and go back to kindergarten.

Our parent/teacher conference meeting is Nov. 3rd. I assume she'll have discussed all of this with the reading teacher and principal by then and we'll be ready to make a decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments