The transition

We've been here two weeks. We're feeling very settled and comfortable in our apartment. We have some chaos in our bed room until we get another dresser but otherwise we feel like the unpacking is done. It feels so good and over the past couple days we've started hanging pictures which makes it feel that much better. It's HOME! I got our third room organized and have a little scrap-booking area now. I can't wait to jump back in! We set up our treadmill in there too so we can get back into running.Our ants are gone now but we're nervous to put food (even though all well sealed) back in the pantry. They come out and don't even touch the ants traps. If they come back we'll have to try something new.

We took a few pictures early on in the unpacking so you can get an idea of what it was like. This is the kitchen:

This picture of the Living room is a few days in and is nothing compared to what it looked like when we first stepped in the apartment after the truck was unloaded.:

It took many days to find the hardware for the bunk beds so this was the boys' room for awhile:

This is the third room:

Liam's been having some rough nights. He gets extra emotional when he's tired so night time is the worst. He will make comments about not liking it here or wanting to go back and live in our old house. A couple nights ago I was up with him for two whole hours trying to work out where he was going to sleep. He wanted to sleep in our bed but there wouldn't be room and I wasn't willing to send Dave to the couch. When I would put him back to bed he'd scream once I was back in bed, waking his brothers. Finally, he ended up sleeping on the floor in our room. Last night was much smoother. I prayed over him once he fell asleep.

We setup Dave's office which was very exciting! He had to get a new bookshelf because there wasn't enough space for it all. It's a good size room and already filled with with Dave's personality. He starts work in a couple days and we're both anxious for that. I'll be good for all of us to get into more of a routine and schedule.

Judah didn't qualify for summer school since he wasn't in the yakima school district's system as a student from last year. Frustrating!! I was really hoping he could get in but no luck. So, we picked up a few books for him to work on this summer and hopefully keep everything fresh in his mind. Both Liam and Judah will attend Whitney Elementary this fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments