BOY!! Liam is a big brother to a beautiful baby boy! Gabriel Asher was born at 8:55 PM on March 16th. He weighed 9lbs. 2.9oz and was 21 inches long. We were at church for a meeting with all the youth workers and after the meeting I (Kami) was having more intense contractions and just not feeling right. A mother of a couple of our high school girls offered to take me home with them and let me rest at their house while Dave stayed at church to run our Sunday night youth group. It wasn't long after arriving at their house that my water broke. I called for Dave to come pick me up and we headed to the hospital. It was slightly under 3 hours later that our little boy came into the world. It was quick and everything went smoothly. Gabriel got a 9 out of 10 on both his apgar tests which made us proud. He's nursing like a pro and so beautiful! ...
A Beth Moore study started at our church while we were in Ethiopia. I am one week behind but am doing my best to stick with it. I really want to do it and the homework has been great for me and my current situation with motherhood. But finding a moment of quiet to get the work done is a whole other thing. I wasn't in the word like I should have been before Judah came home. But I was super excited to take the workbook with me on our trip and start getting into scriptures. Since I've been home it's been very frustrating because every time I sit to do it there's a fight to break up, a diaper to change, a mouth to feed or anything else you can think of. This morning I went to breakfast with a friend and had 2 hours to kill afterwards before a doctor's appointment. I went to a coffee shop and got some of the homework done and read some very encouraging scriptures. It was so good for me and got me refocussed on my current calling in life: motherhood! I was reminded that m...
We've been home for over a week. Thailand seems so distant a memory now and I feel like its almost just a dream that I will carry with me in my heart but not something that I truly experienced. I loved Thailand. I felt at home there right away. This isn't something I have experienced in every foreign country I have visited. It's a hard thing to explain. I didn't feel this way in Ethiopia which seems weird since it was my sons homeland and culture. I loved Ethiopia and would love going back someday but it wasn't home. But Thailand was different. Dave and I both felt it. I actually felt so comfortable that I found myself forgetting that I was the foreigner and looked very different from the locals. I feel strongly God will take us back someday and I can't wait. My heart leaps within me as I think about it! We met two women who are with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Thailand. One is originally from Washington state but has been a missionary in Thailan...
Comments