Midwife Appointment Today

33/34 weeks 6 days pregnant today.

Guess what?!?!? Our baby is HEAD DOWN!

Had another midwife appointment today. She felt around and couldn't tell the position. She said it felt a lot different. So, she did a internal exam (fun!) and was pretty sure she felt a head AND I am 1cm dialated. Since she wasn't 100% she took us upstairs and did a quick ultra sound. Sure enough the baby was head down. WOW, the U/S looks so different at 35 weeks vs. 22 weeks. The baby is so developed and looks so BIG. I am not a huge fan of numerous U/Ss throughout the pregnancy but I gave in. It was fun to see the baby again. We got a few pictures and I will post them tomorrow. Liam got to watch the TV screen and he was mezmerized! He watched so intently. I don't know if it helped him understand or made him more confused.

Another cute thing was as soon as we walked through the automatic doors of the building Liam said, "Baby Heart!" He knew we were in the place where we hear the baby's heart. He has never shown so much interest and excitement as he did this time. He stood close to me and waited for her to use the doppler. It was so sweet.

Now onto the news of the heartbeat. She said there was still an irregularity but that it wasn't an irregular irregularity. Like, it was consistent vs. being normal for a minute then changing then being noraml for two beats then not etc. Make sense? Somehow this was better. I dunno. She, again, didn't seem concerned HOWEVER, since I have insurance to cover it she still highly recommended me going to see the peds cardiologist. She thought it would just help put our minds at ease if we knew for sure. I guess it's like an U/S that this doc does but it shows all the intricate chambers of the heart. SO. . .we are going in this Thursday the 14th to see this doc. Pray all is well. I think Dave might be a little more nervous then I am. I am trying not to think about it. I think it helps that we only have to wait a couple days. It would be sad to find out on Valentine's Day that there's something wrong with our baby's heart.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will be praying for you guys tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

Time with God

Thailand part 4- the aftermath