Running Diary part 3

Somewhere a long the road I lost all motivation. I have probably ran once in the past 3 months. Dave and I decided we want to do the 5k Sweetheart run in February. I haven't run a 5k length in SO long. I feel like I'm starting from scratch which makes me made at myself for letting all the progress I had made go to waste. I haven't felt well the past week and I've been terribly tired regardless of the amount of sleep I get. I have had hip and knee pain which has kept me off the treadmill. Well, today I had had enough of feeling depressed and down about my physical and emotional state. I got on the treadmill in our bedroom which isn't much warmer then it is outside. One mile! that's all I could do. My lunges hurt and I felt like I was gasping for air but the air so chilled I felt like I was running outside which I am clearly not accustomed to. If I am going to run the Sweetheart run I have to be able to handle the cold air. Suggestions?
Comments