It's been a long time. . .

I think I actually "forgot" I had a blog for a while. Weird. I thought I should update since I have a lot going on and on my mind and life is good and worth sharing the details. :-)

We just got home from a 10 day vacation to Seattle. It was a great trip. Tiring but refreshing all at the same time. Got to see Matt, Mandy & Leta, Robbie & Sarah, Nic & Melissa, Grandma Ginny, Aunts Sally & Debby, Great Aunt Barb, Dave's Dad & Step mom, Dave's mom & step dad. Did I forget anyone? We went to Dave's high school reunion which was slightly weird and a little awkward but Dave enjoyed seeing old buddies and showing off his family. We got to go to the zoo and the aquarium which was a lot of fun for the boys. Flying was tough with Gabriel but we got through it. Next time we fly with him he should be a lot older and more obedient and understanding.

We got home from Seattle with an ich to rearrange our funiture. We moved the computer desk and book shelf into our bedroom and moved an extra dresser out into the garage and my grandma's desk into the living room. We moved the china cabinet into the living room and moved all the toys in the "office" and made a nice play room for the boys. So 3 rooms of our house look a ton different but I think it's a better use of our space. I love it! It's a nice change.

We've gone to using cash instead of our debit cards. It's a tough adjustment but well worth it. It's a lot tougher to spend $20 cash then to pull out a piece of plastic. We've also been saving into envelopes which is so rewarding. Putting money into a "Christmas fund" envelope is nice because in Dec. we won't have to figure out how to pay for gifts, we'll have a stash of cash. We have individual "fun" money, Holidays besides Christmas, gas money, and vacation. Things are so diffent now when it comes to money and we're in a good place. We're paying off debt very well and that's been wonderful. God is good! It helps to be wise and seek guidance from others who have done their finances well.

I'm doing well on scrapbooking, granted I haven't done any for a few weeks. I got Liam's up to date and I got Gabriel's pictures all printed up to date. I need to get Gabriel a book so I can get his first year done. I'm still working on the family one which will be on going but I think I just finished 2003 or 2004. I'm only doing a couple pages per year. It's rewarding getting pages done and seeing the finished product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a . . .

A mother of 3 boys

Stinky, Uncontrollable Moments